I. Reduction of Carbon dioxide Emissions and Promotion of Energy Saving
Our company's greenhouse gas (carbon dioxide) emissions in 2018 increased by 3% to 43 thousand tons from 41 thousand tons in 2017, mainly due to a rise in energy consumption caused by increased production of NEO-CHLOR. The greenhouse gas reduction target pledged by the government at the twenty-first session of the Conference of the Parties（ COP 21） to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change was “Reduction of 26% below of 2013 levels by 2030.” The pledge also aimed at reducing carbon dioxide produced by power plants and corporate activities, etc. by 21.9%. Energy policy, including the restart of nuclear power plants and introduction of renewable energy, will play a major role in achieving these targets. The company should also continue to facilitate energy saving measures to cooperate with efforts to address global warming.
- Each of our plant facilities aims to reduce energy consumption by 1% or more (energy consumption rate) compared to the previous year.
- Promote improvement activities with full participation of employees to increase production efficiency, reduce waste, and improve equipment performance. In addition, energy saving will be addressed by reusing waste heat and cooling water, and regular inspections of facilities that use heat, air-conditioning equipment, and freezers and refrigerators.
- Promote the use of night-time electricity for charging equipment in an effort to level out electricity use.
- Each of our office aims at reducing electricity use by 1% or more (per person) compared to the previous year.
- We facilitate energy saving by 1） strictly obeying the rule to set the temperature at energy saving ranges（ 28℃ or above in summer and 20℃ or below in winter） by thoroughly implementing Cool Biz and Warm Biz, 2） conducting periodic inspections of air conditioning equipment and updating to highly efficient equipment as needed, and 3） introducing LED luminaire.
- The logistics and purchasing departments make efforts to improve the efficiency in transportation of products to reduce the CO2 emissions intensity related to transportation by at least 1% compared to the previous year.
- We use eco-cars as commercial vehicles to save energy, and optimize the volume of the catalogs and other materials loaded on the cars for energy-efficient driving.